10.09.2006

THREE LESSONS FROM GOD IN EVERYDAY LIFE


1) “GOD WANTS TO CONNECT US WITH OTHER BELIEVERS”
What a privilege it is to have brothers and sisters in the body of Christ. Today I went to a park in Minneapolis. And saw an African-American mom reading her Bible with her two small children. My heart warmed to her and I felt an instant connection without saying a word. God is knitting together Christians all over the world in unique ways. Keep your eyes open for the Christians God is connecting you with as you go about your daily routines. God’s master web of relationships in my life is really awesome. Here is an example of a “God Connection” that I observed while in the Czech Republic.
One of the girls on our team was from England. It was quite a miracle how she came to be on our team and I still marvel at it. Anyway, we were told at Freak Fest that we should meet this guy named Sasha who has vision for 24-7 prayer. When we got to his place, he found out that Emma was from England. He said it had been his dream to take his wife to England and he was going there the following month, but didn’t have a place to stay. “Oh, you can stay at my place” Emma said. God found Sasha and his wife a free place to stay. I love it!

2) “GOD WANTS TO TAKE CARE OF OUR NEEDS”
By moving to the Cities, we are stepping out in faith. Our income is not enough to pay for our expenses, so we are trusting in God – big time! Some might say this is ridiculous (myself included most days), but the Bible is full of “ridiculous” faith. The week we moved, we had two large one-time gifts from supporters. To me, it was a sign of God’s blessing. Mark also had someone he had never met before ask him to speak at a youth group and he was also asked to do a music/mix for a group at Eden Prairie Highschool. He did absolutely nothing to find these opportunities to make a little extra money. It was all God!

3) “GOD WANTS TO QUIET OUR HEARTS”
As the world around us gets faster and faster paced, God seems to be emphasizing themes like rest and peace. I am looking forward to studying the topic of peace. Have you ever thought of peace as a weapon against the enemy? Romans 16:20 says “The God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath your feet.” My Dad always used to say “When we rest, God works”

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mark haugen...connecting people!!
Hope you are all well, God is using the connections I have made to bless me in my work in the 'world'... I am so looked after by my Father it is amazing. The connections keep coming, met someone who knows Jay Davis (did I tell you that?).

Love you all.
In Him
E

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger fart blossom said...

Man. I feel so lazy somtimes compared to how some people work. My heart gets so busy with cares though. You're right though. I relax and let God do... and He takes care of me. I think I need another relax session. lol

Waylan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home