10.01.2006

Now We Must Say Goodbye... for now...

Today is the day! And I am up unusually early.
We are actually going to head to church this morning
and say our last farewell. We started at 6:30 AM yesterday packing
and cleaning, finally finishing around 5 PM!
We want to say huge "thank yous" to the crew that helped us out yesterday.
Dan Odegaard, Josh Kurpiers, Stefan Ronchetti (all the way from Japan),
and the Oglesby's (Russ and Joanne)! We could not have done it without you.
Also, we want to shout out to my parents, Roger & Karen Haugen for
getting the ball rolling, and jump starting the process on Wednesday.
No doubt about it, moving is a lot of work, and it is hard to say goodbye.
The emotions I feel have been best summed up in the words of a song
from when I was growing up, and have recently rediscovered.
It is called "I'll Meet You There" by Whiteheart.

I'll Meet You There
by Mark Gersmehl & Tommy Sims


I feel the chill of Autumn's wind
seasons changing once again
And every moment's best,
still one moment less we spend
Together my friend
I can't hold back these tears in my eyes
this time I won't even try
For time has come and gone, now we must move on
I'll admit I don't know why

Chorus:
Now we must say good-bye
to find our road ahead
Destiny leads us on to another place
but I'll meet you there someday

By no means will we be strangers to Morris, both now and in the future.
This place is like no other. It is wonderful in a very mysterious way.
We are so glad we stayed here 10 years to meet some of the most wonderful
people in the world. We love you all so much.
So we will be back... Minneapolis isn't that far away.
Come over and visit us down there when you are in town.
We live just north of Southdale mall about 6 blocks.
In the southwest corner of Minneapolis.

Our address is:
5926 Washburn Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55410

So again, we love you all, and may we truly say that
this is just goodbye... (for now).
Mark, Anna, Ellie, & Tabitha

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and send you a big hug and let you know i'm prayin for you guys. Here's to the next stage of your journey.

Love you loads, thanks for everything you keep teaching me.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home