12.02.2006

Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas season!

We moved to Minneapolis in October and are enjoying following God's leading as He begins to reveal more of why He has us here. Almost everyday Mark makes a new connection with someone who is interested in missions, Eastern Europe, or "Kingdom work" in the Twin Cities. Last night I (Anna) attended a prayer gathering for a wonderful organization called Kingdom Oil. Their mission is to see God's church get a vision of how God wants to build His kingdom in the Twin Cities. It is a group from all types of churches and ministries in the area. Large amounts of money are going through Kingdom Oil through anonymous donors and out to the ministries to do God's work. The gathering opened my eyes to see the bigger picture. I stopped seeing my own ministry and problems as the center of the world and saw God's big vision. The prayer was intense, powerful, and on a whole new level than what I'm used to being a part of. These people want more than their own agenda. They want God's agenda. That's what I want too. This life is not just about any one person, church, or ministry. It's about God's plan and I want to get on board with Him. Seek God and He will show you His plan. Ask Him to open your eyes and increase your faith. Dream big!
One more thing.......one of our mentors challenged us this week to think about what we would do with our lives if money were not an issue. That question made me stop and think. I've never given myself the permission to think like that. Have you? I decided that if money were not an issue, I would travel to foreign countries for the specific purpose of encouraging missionaries
2-3 times a year. I would take my husband and kids with me. We would all travel and be an encouragement to the church all over the world. I would buy a keyboard for our house (and a some furniture so I wouldn't feel bad when we have people over). I would give Ellie dance lessons and private tutoring in a foreign language. Wow, it's fun to dream, isn't it. Why does it make me feel guilty? My beliefs need to change. God is working the spirit of poverty out of me and preparing me for when large amounts of money are placed in my hands and I need to use it wisely for His kingdom work. That's not something to feel guilty about.
That's something to await with anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home