7.04.2006

FREEDOM!!!

Today I woke up and realized just how little I know of true freedom. On this, the 4th of July, I want to pay respects to one who fought for the freedom Christ wants to bring us.
John Huss was a reformer 100 years before Martin Luther arrived on the scene. He was burned at the stake on July 6, 1415... martyred for the sake of the Gospel. Our days in the Czech Republic were a reminder to not take this
"freedom" we have in the USA for granted. However, I have to make a choice each day not to.
It was for freedom that Christ set us free. It is not a freedom to do whatever we want... whatever we feel like doing. It is a freedom to love and worship and pray and share the good news that in Christ we are no longer our slaves to oursleves, but to LOVE... the higher law.
I leave you with a verse from Galatians 5:13:
"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home